Online Property Valuation Requests from FreePropertyValuations.co.za
A Guide to Responding Appropriately
- Do respond to the valuation request as quickly as possible – preferably on the same day. The expectation is that after submitting the request the person will get the valuation almost immediately. That quick response factor is a key factor to its success.
- Do attach the Lightstone Property Report for the subject property when you email the property owner.
- Do use the words ‘Automated Desktop Property Valuation’ in your communication to the property owner.
- Do advise the property owner to contact you “should they require a more detailed / thorough property valuation following a viewing of the property.”
- Do keep a record of the owner’s details, property address and the Lightstone report sent.
- Do follow up after a few days to reiterate your offer to them to contact you “should they require a more detailed / thorough property valuation following a viewing of the property.” After this second follow up add them to your CRM for a follow up after about six months.
- Do not contact the owner telephonically in response but send an email. We offered the valuation by email so respect that.
- Do not insist on making an appointment to see the property – again that is NOT what we offered.