Andre de Villiers as the Training and Marketing Manager is the Devler Mentor Co-ordinator.
This role is to ensure Mentors are supported in providing the required services to Interns in a consistent way.
THE ROLE OF THE MENTOR AND THEIR INTERNS AT DEVLER
A) to guide an agent on their path to becoming a full status agent … to keep an eye on that progress with a regular “on track” meeting with the Intern checking that required processes and documentation is being followed.
B) to take legal responsibility for what the Intern signs (to make sure it meets EAAB Code of Conduct and legal requirements) particularly mandates and offers etc.
The mentor is not the Sales Manager or the Trainer. So if the Intern needs sales training or sales assistance this should not get confused with the role of the Sales Manager or those that are also involved in providing training.
Inevitably a degree of functional crossover in these areas is unavoidable and it depends on the extra that a mentor feels comfortable providing however, a Mentor must keep the distinction between Mentor and Sales Manager clear in the mind of the Intern.
It is natural that an Intern will see their mentor as a sounding board on ideas. But the Mentor needs to be clear about when the Intern should be going to the Sales Manager for assistance. It is not the Mentor’s job to secure listings and negotiate sales. When the role in a transaction has exceeded the Mentor’s responsibility then the Mentor should be sharing directly in the commission in that sale that reflects their input.
Additional Information will be added below:
Mentor Intern List as at 26 June 2020
The hyperlinked names of the Interns will take you to the individual Intern file inside their personnel folder.
Sandra / Cathy / Erfaan
Sall S / Lynne
Bonny / Teresa
Minutes of Meeting attended by all Mentors Andre and Sally on 26 June 2020
1) It was decided the Mentor Meetings would be held monthly at 12:30 on the last Friday of the month.
2) All mentors to be fully aware of all documentation pertinent to their role.
3) Mentors to bring all outstanding documentation pertaining to their Interns up to date
4) A folder structure on Devler.co.za (this page) to each Intern provided open transparent access so we can all best support and learn best practices from each other.
5) Two document edits were noted and updated to the page
6) Our primary purpose of this group is mutual support and idea-sharing aimed at providing standardised efficient support structures to Interns